Congratulations and welcome! Here’s a checklist to begin your transition to UW.
Enrollment Confirmation Deposit
- Accept offer of admission: Go back into the site you used to apply and go the status page to indicate your decision to accept.
- You'll immediately see information about next steps, including how to establish your UWNetID, send your offical transcript, and pay the ECD. (The ECD credited to your student account at the beginning of the quarter after you enroll.)
- Proceed with paying your ECD. Please double check to be sure this step has been completed. IMPORTANT: If your ECD is not paid, your place in the program is not guaranteed and you will not be able to enroll or proceed with other important steps.
- Set up your Office 365 UW email account.
- Please read and promptly respond to communications from the Biostatistics Graduate Program.
- You will also receive communications from the Registrar's Office and the Graduate School.
- You may receive communications from UW offices such as International Student Services, GO-MAP (Graduate Opportunities and Minority Achievement Program), etc.
- Students with funding - We will contact you to explain next steps. Please review student employment for important information.
- Student without funding - Please review the Costs & Funding page for information and resources.
- See the UW pre-arrival checklist.
Check Insurance Coverage
- Students with support (RA, TA, TG) - Your health insurance (GAIP) does not start on the first day of school. Contact LifeWise directly to find out your GAIP coverage start date (usually in October for new students starting Autumn quarter).
- International students - You are required to purchase the International Student Health Insurance Plan (ISHIP). See International Student insurance.
Find a Place to Live
- Check our Housing page for great tips and advice from our current students.
- If you need information about neighborhoods, help connecting with students, etc. email us at email@example.com.