As a project sponsor, you are the client. The ideal project will be an opportunity for MS Capstone students to help sponsor organizations attack a challenging and important real-world problem. The end product will enable the sponsor to better achieve their goals and will represent a culminating learning experience that graduating students can use to showcase their technical and professional skills.
You will ensure the project team has access to the information necessary to successfully complete the project. Our graduate students will apply advanced statistical methodologies to determine the best result for your organization’s needs. As the project evolves, you will work with them to define an impactful final product that will be delivered to you by the end of the project period.
Example Capstone Projects
- HUD Hears Study (Sponsor: Public Health Seattle and King County). The team analyzed the different reasons people leave public housing and the impact these reasons have on long-term housing outcomes, specifically, the probability of becoming homeless within a year.
- Benchmarking Cell Typing Methods in Spatial Transcriptomics (Sponsor: NanoString Technologies Inc.). The team ran competing cell typing methods against Insitutype on two different datasets and scored the accuracy of these models. Additionally, it performed a benchmarking analysis to determine how the performance of Insitutype varies based on tuning parameters.
- Check out all the 2023 capstone projects
Theory Meets Practice
Our program is designed to educate a new generation of biostatisticians. The innovative core curriculum provides a rigorous and applications-driven foundation in statistical theory and methods (the science of biostatistics) and biomedical data analysis (the practice of applying biostatistics), all with the goal of improving human health.
- Data Science: Students learn statistical and computing tools that unlock the puzzles of big data and its potential to dramatically improve public health.
- Statistical Genetics: Students study the mathematical and biological science that underpins the understanding of the genetic basis of diseases.
- Modeling and Methods: Students master advanced mathematical and statistical techniques that allow analysis of complex data structures and simulate realistic biological systems.
Learn about specializations
Sponsor a Biostatistics Capstone Project
Join an energetic community of students, faculty and scientists at the cutting-edge of impactful data science research and practice.
- When to Submit: Project proposals are accepted starting November.
- Project Dates: September – March
- How to Submit: Please complete a project proposal and email to: firstname.lastname@example.org