The Master of Science (MS) Capstone is a fast-paced 18-month program that provides rigorous training and a practical, applications-driven foundation in statistics. It is designed for students who wish to enter the job market upon graduation.
- Earn a Master of Science in Biostatistics
- Fast-paced, 18-month, full-time program (50 credits)
- Select one of three specialization pathways: Data Science, Statistical Genetics, or Modeling and Methods.
- Professionally-relevant capstone project gives you a portfolio that showcases key skills to future employers.
- Prepares you for career paths spanning a range of health-related and data-driven fields such as biotech, pharmaceuticals, cancer research, data science, and government agencies.
- Degree Costs and Financial Support for MS Capstone 2020-21 (PDF)
Earn your degree from a #1-ranked biostatistics program
At UW, you will enter a strong community of cohorts. Capstone students move through classes together which builds friendships and provides a dynamic, interactive learning environment. Plus capstone students interact with MS Thesis and PhD students in both formal and informal settings.
“The communication between new students, senior students and faculty is really impressive to me. And the enthusiastic welcome new students receive is also impressive.
The MS Capstone also:
- Follows an innovative curriculum taught by internationally recognized faculty who provide personalized attention and are dedicated to educating the next generation of biostatisticians.
- Provides opportunities to learn practical knowledge from area statisticians and research professionals.
- Serves as a foundation if you decide to pursue PhD-level training.
- Learn what it’s like to be a student in our program.
- Watch a video about the MS Thesis student experience
- Watch an informational webinar
- MS Capstone information handout (pdf)
- Degree requirements
- Courses and timeline by specialization