Five graduate students received awards during the University of Washington Department of Biostatistics Graduation Celebration held Sunday, June 12.
These awards, given annually to senior students, recognize excellence in scholarship, communication, and leadership.
Biostatistics Award Recipients for 2022
- Iris Emerman, 2022 Senior MS Thesis Student
- Taylor Keating, 2022 Senior MS Capstone Student
- Yiqun Chen, 2022 Thomas R. Fleming Excellence in Biostatistics Award
- Xiudi Li, 2022 Thomas R. Fleming Excellence in Biostatistics Award
- Angela Zhang, 2022 Exceptional Service in Biostatistics Award
Thomas R. Fleming presided over the presentation of awards and recognized all students in the auditorium in his closing remarks.
“All of you who are graduating have given us a great sense of hope for the future. We are very proud to acknowledge you as our graduates. Thank you for everything you have done and we know we will do in the future,” said Fleming.
In addition to announcing department awards at the June 12 event, students in the department who received School of Public Health Excellence Awards in May 2022 were also recognized. These recipients included:
- Niki Petrakos, 2022 SPH Excellence Award, Outstanding MS Student, Biostatistics
- Serge Aleshin-Guendel, 2022 SPH Excellence Award, Outstanding PhD Student, Biostatistics
- Yiqun Chen, 2022 SPH Excellence Award, Outstanding Teaching Assistant
Congratulations again to our students!