The Department of Biostatistics Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) Committee is comprised of students, faculty, and staff. We acknowledge that our students, faculty, and staff come from diverse backgrounds and experiences, and we recognize that these backgrounds and experiences strengthen our department.
Our goals include: creating a safe, respectful, and inclusive environment and community for all department members and visitors; promoting equity and diversity in the profession of biostatistics and more broadly; and further supporting students, faculty, and staff academically and professionally.
The committee is engaged in numerous committees including reviewing admissions criteria and courses with an equity lens; running weekly teas to support community building and to discuss EDI-related issues in the field and society; engaging the department in readings around race and equity; and interfacing with students and administration about any programmatic issues around equity diversity and inclusion.
With the goal of fostering a diverse learning and research environment, we encourage you to become familiar with the School of Public Health’s Commitment to Diversity. We have also provided a list here of several University sites for your benefit. If you do not find what you need, please contact us.
- Diversity at the University of Washington
- Diversity Statistics and Policies
- Graduate Opportunities and Minority Achievement Program (GO-MAP)
- Office of Minority Affairs & Diversity
- Faculty Advancement
- Faculty and Staff Affinity Groups
- Disability Services Office
- Disabilities, Opportunities, Internetworking, and Technology (DO-IT)
- Native Life & Tribal Relations
- Society for the Advancement of Chicanos and Native Americans in Science (SACNAS)
- Women’s Center
- Q Center
- ASUW Student Groups