- Fast-paced, 18-month, full-time Master of Science (MS) in Biostatistics program (50 credits). View a comparison of UW Biostatistics master of science programs.
- Select one of three specialization pathways: Data Science, Statistical Genetics, or Modeling and Methods.
- Professionally-relevant capstone project gives you a portfolio that showcases key skills to future employers.
- Prepares you for career paths spanning a range of health-related and data-driven fields such as biotech, pharmaceuticals, cancer research, data science, and government agencies.
Earn your degree from a #1-ranked biostatistics program.
At UW, you will enter a strong community of cohorts. Capstone students move through classes together which builds friendships and provides a dynamic, interactive learning environment. Plus capstone students interact with MS Thesis and PhD students in both formal and informal settings.
“The communication between new students, senior students and faculty is really impressive to me. And the enthusiastic welcome new students receive is also impressive.
The MS Capstone also:
- Follows an innovative curriculum taught by internationally recognized faculty who provide personalized attention and are dedicated to educating the next generation of biostatisticians.
- Provides opportunities to learn practical knowledge from area statisticians and research professionals.
- Serves as a foundation if you decide to pursue PhD-level training.
Learn more about our what it’s like to be a student in our program.