July 14- 16, 2023
3 Day Conference
There is a growing awareness of the societal implications of recent advances in genomic technologies and statistical methodology. The 2023 Symposium in Statistical and Quantitative Genetics will complement the concurrent Summer Institute in Statistical Genetics, and the University of Washington strengths in Biostatistics, Genome Sciences and Public Health Genetics. Leading researchers will present their current work in invited talks. Attendees interested in contributing an oral or poster presentation should indicate this when registering. Submissions are due June 30.
Celebrating Bruce Weir’s Career and Retirement
The conference will also celebrate Bruce Weir's 55-year career in statistical and quantitative genetics, his appointments as professor and former chair of the Department Biostatistics and as director of the Institute for Public Health Genetics at the University of Washington.
Join us July 14-16 in Seattle, Washington
The event will be held in Seattle, Washington on the beautiful University of Washington campus.
Friday, July 14
|Check-in, poster session, reception|
Saturday, July 15
8:30 - 10:30 a.m.
Session 1: Quantitative Genetics
10:30 - 12:00 p.m.
Session 2: Molecular Population Genetics
12:00 - 1:00 p.m.
1:00 - 3:30 p.m.
Session 3: Statistical Genetics
4:00- 5:30 p.m.
Session 4: Forensic Genetics
Sunday, July 16
8:30 - 10:30 a.m.
Session 5: Genetic Association Studies
10:30 - 12:30 p.m.
Session 6: Population Genetics
Registration and Costs
The Symposium registration fee includes the Friday evening reception, lunch provided on Saturday, and morning/afternoon light refreshments provided during breaks.
- Regular: $400
- Academic/non-profit: $300
- Students and postdocs: $150
- Summer Institutes participant: $100
To register for the Symposium only:
- Click REGISTER NOW, then the SYMPOSIUM REGISTRATION icon.
- Select the registration rate then Add to Cart.
- Fill out the registration form and click CONTINUE to review information.
Click Checkout, enter your contact information, then CONTINUE to enter payment information.
Campus Area Hotels
David H. Kaye
- Sanne Aalbers, University of Washington
- Ken Dodds, AgResearch, New Zealand
- Meg Ehm, GlaxoSmithKline
- Alison Feder, University of Washington
- Brandon Gaut, University of California, Irvine
- Greg Gibson, Georgia Institute of Technology
- Jérôme Goudet, University of Lausanne
- Ryan Hernandez, University of California, San Francisco
- David H. Kaye, Penn State University
- Joelle Mbatchou, Regeneron Pharmaceutics
- Lauren McIntyre, University of Florida
- Alison Motsinger-Reif, NIEHS Division of Intramural Research
- Neil Risch, University of California, San Francisco
- Kathryn Roeder, Carnegie Mellon University
- Rori Rohlfs, San Francisco State University
- Dan Schaid, Mayo Clinic
- Timothy Thornton, University of Washington & Regeneron Genetics Center
- Peter Visscher, University of Oxford
- Bruce Walsh, University of Arizona