The Summer Institute for Big Data (SISBID) is designed to introduce biologists, quantitative scientists, and statisticians to modern statistical techniques for the analysis of biological big data.
Dates: July 11-27, 2018
- Please note scholarships will not be available for SISBID 2018.
- Sign up for the Summer Institutes email list.
Each module focuses on a different aspect of Big Data such as organizing and processing data for statistical analysis, visualizing data, or the challenges surrounding reproducible research.
- The two-and-a-half day module format includes formal lectures, computing labs, and hands-on case studies. Modules run all day Monday/Tuesday and Wednesday morning OR Wednesday afternoon and all day Thursday/Friday.
- Instructors are world-class faculty with expertise in all aspects of Biological Big Data.
- Participants are encouraged to enroll in multiple modules to create an experience that best suits their needs. Individuals attending the institute will receive certificates of course completion in recognition of their participation.