The Summer Institute for Statistics in Big Data (SISBID) is designed to introduce biologists, quantitative scientists, and statisticians to modern statistical techniques for the analysis of biological big data. Ali Shojaie serves as the Director of SISMID.
Dates: July 15-26, 2019
- Explore 2019 modules
- SISBID 2019 registration fees. The general registration rate is $775 per 2.5-day module ($675 before May 31). The academic/government/non-profit is $675 per module ($575 before May 31). Please note that these fees do not include meals. Participants are responsible for their own travel, lodging, and meals.
- Sign up for the Summer Institutes email list.
Each module focuses on a different aspect of Big Data such as organizing and processing data for statistical analysis, visualizing data, or the challenges surrounding reproducible research.
- The two-and-a-half day module format includes formal lectures, computing labs, and hands-on case studies. Modules run all day Monday/Tuesday and Wednesday morning OR Wednesday afternoon and all day Thursday/Friday.
- Instructors are world-class faculty with expertise in all aspects of Biological Big Data.
- Participants are encouraged to enroll in multiple modules to create an experience that best suits their needs. Individuals attending the institute will receive certificates of course completion in recognition of their participation.