The Summer Institute for Big Data (SISBID) is designed to introduce biologists, quantitative scientists, and statisticians to modern statistical techniques for the analysis of biological big data.
Dates: July , 2019 (dates tbd)
- Sign up for the Summer Institutes email list.
- Fees for 2019 SISBID will not be set until January. However, as reference, the 2018 academic/government/non-profit rate was $650 per module ($550 by May 31). The general rate was $750 per course ($650 before May 31). Please note that these fees do not include meals. Participants are responsible for their own travel, lodging, and meals.
Each module focuses on a different aspect of Big Data such as organizing and processing data for statistical analysis, visualizing data, or the challenges surrounding reproducible research.
- The two-and-a-half day module format includes formal lectures, computing labs, and hands-on case studies. Modules run all day Monday/Tuesday and Wednesday morning OR Wednesday afternoon and all day Thursday/Friday.
- Instructors are world-class faculty with expertise in all aspects of Biological Big Data.
- Participants are encouraged to enroll in multiple modules to create an experience that best suits their needs. Individuals attending the institute will receive certificates of course completion in recognition of their participation.