There are several ground transportation options from Seatac Airport to the University of Washington:
Reservations: 425-981-7000; Toll Free 800-487-7433
At Airport: Shuttle Express agent located at 3rd Floor Parking Garage
Cost: $22 one-way from Seatac Airport to UW Residence Halls (Lander Hall)
Meter Rates: Approximately $55 from Seatac Airport to UW. Approximately $65 from Seatac Airport to Northgate Area (Hotel Nexus).
United Town Car Service
Rates (as of 12/29/2010): $48 one-way from Seatac Airport to UW
Public Transportation (Light Rail + Metro Bus):
- About Riding the Light Rail: The Light Rail (Central Link) travels between Seatac Airport and downtown Seattle. It does not travel to the University of Washington. If you want to ride the Light Rail (Central Link), then you should plan to transfer to a bus while in downtown Seattle (via the Transit Tunnel) to continue on to the UW. The University Link will open in 2016.
- Directions for riding the Light Rail from Seatac Airport to downtown Seattle: Follow the signs through the 4th floor of the airport parking garage to the Sound Transit Link Light Rail station. Purchase a ticket from machines in the station and get off the train in downtown Seattle at Westlake Station in the Transit Tunnel. At Westlake Station, remain in the tunnel and board buses bound for the University District described below, depending on your destination. If you are riding the bus during daytime hours you pay when you get off the bus. If you board after 7:00 PM, you pay when you board the bus.
- To UW Residence Halls (Lander Hall): Remain in the tunnel at Westlake Station and walk to Bay A to board buses #71, #72, or #73 bound for the University District. Get off the bus at NE Campus Parkway at Bay 1 in front of Alder Hall between Brooklyn Ave NE and University Way NE, then walk back west to Lander Hall located on the same side of NE Campus Parkway between Brooklyn Ave NE and 12th Ave NE.
- To the Silver Cloud Inn: Remain in the tunnel at Westlake Station and walk to Bay A to board buses #71, #72, or #73 bound for the University District. Get off the bus at NE Campus Parkway at Bay 1 in front of Alder Hall between Brooklyn Ave NE and University Way NE, then walk east to Bay 2 and transfer to a #68 bus. The #68 will travel through the UW campus, then proceed downhill to University Village and north on 25th Ave NE. Get off the bus at the Silver Cloud Inn near NE 50th Street, approximately 5 blocks north of University Village shopping mall.
- To the Hotel DECA: Remain in the tunnel at Westlake station and walk to Bay A to board bus #71, #72, or #73 bound for the University District. Stay on the bus as it continues on NE Campus Parkway and University Way NE, then get off the bus at NE 45th Street and University Way NE. Walk 1-2 blocks west along NE 45th Street to Hotel DECA located on the corner of NE 45th Street and Brooklyn Avenue NE.
- To University Inn or Watertown Hotel: Exit the transit tunnel at Westlake Station to Pine Street (street level) and walk to the east side of 3rd Avenue between Pike and Pine Streets to board bus #66 bound for Northgate. Get off the bus on 11th Avenue NE at NE 42nd Street and walk one block west to Roosevelt Way NE. University Inn is on the corner of NE 42nd Street and Roosevelt Way NE; Watertown Hotel is one block north of University Inn on Roosevelt Way NE.
We encourage you to visit the Seattle Metro website for additional information and up-to-date route schedules based on your actual date and time of travel. CLICK HERE to be redirected to the UW’s Commuter Services web site for information on riding the bus to the University of Washington.
Parking on the UW Campus: For information about Parking on the UW campus, including daily rates, please go to the UW Commuter Services site.
More information about getting to the UW can be found on the UW Commuter Services site.