The Master of Science in Biostatistics Capstone is a 50-credit degree and requires completion of the following:
- 24 credits of core curriculum courses
- 20 credits of pathway-specific courses
- 6 course credits for capstone project
- A minimum 3.0 grade in core and pathway courses
- Full-time enrollment of 10 credits per quarter is expected (summer optional).
Passing the First Year (MS) Statistical Theory Examination after the end of spring quarter in the first year is required.
The culminating capstone project gives you the chance to highlight your skills to future employers in a marketable portfolio.
- Specific details will vary depending on the specialization you choose, but the common end-product will be a written report, oral presentation, and computer code.
- Under the guidance of an assigned advisor, the capstone project is completed during fall and winter quarters of the second year, or optionally students may begin work in the summer quarter after the first year.
All Biostatistics students are expected to participate in the annual department retreat usually held in the fall.